The Curriculum for all children at Badger Hill is broad and balanced and aims to:
- Promote the spiritual. moral, cultural, intellectual and physical development of children
- Prepare the children for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life
- Implement the National Curriculum; Maths, English, Computing, Science, History, Geography, DT, Music, Art, MFL and PE
- Reinforce the teaching of RE through the LA agreed syllabus
- Implement a Health Education programme including drugs education and sex education
The curriculum has been carefully planned by staff to provide for breadth and balance between the varying demands of the National Curriculum subjects. Our distinctively creative curriculum aims to immerse pupils in the development of skills that will equip them for life in an ever changing world.
The staff plan lessons and activities in the long, medium and short terms to ensure challenge, progression and continuity in children’s learning. In order to track and monitor progress to inform future planning, children are subject to regular ongoing assessment and target setting.
Written reports are published and levels of attainment reported at the end of the summer term for all children from Year 1 to Year 6.
Parents and other members of the public can find out more information about the curriculum our Academy is following by emailing us email@example.com.
Phonics & Reading Schemes KS1
At Badger Hill Academy we don’t just follow one scheme, we use a variety as we believe that they all offer something different and each pupil is individual therefore we tailor it to their needs. Here are a few examples:
- Read,Write Inc Programme
- Oxford Reading Tree
- Project X