Badger Hill Academy is part of the Teesside Learning Trust, a Multi Academy Trust established on 1st September 2016. Teesside Learning Trust is comprised of two Primary Academies in Redcar and Cleveland, and two Secondary Academies, Thornaby Academy in Stockton and Freebrough Academy in Redcar and Cleveland.
Teaching Assistant – (18.02BA)
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional Early Years teaching assistant as soon as possible to join an already committed team: to accelerate progress by provide rich learning experiences in EYFS.
At Badger Hill Academy, we have the highest expectations of what our pupils can achieve and our vision is ‘Our learning knows no limits’. We are a happy school, where everyone works together to help all children achieve their full potential. We have recently extended our EYFS provision to cater for children eligible for 30 hours provision.
It is essential that applicants have a proven track record in inspiring and nurturing children, in their journey of excellence in Early Years. Applicants must be passionate about children’s learning and be enthusiastic in supporting outdoor learning. An ethos in building good relationships with children and parents and in helping to provide rich learning experiences is essential as well as the ability to be adaptable and creative in your day-day teaching; a strong knowledge of the EYFS is vital, to ensure that you can support in the delivery of learning highly effectively. This role is perfect for an enthusiastic, motivated individual who has a passion for ensuring pupils, across a range of ability, meet their full potential.
The successful candidate will:
* Hold a Level 3 Qualification or above
* Have GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English at Grade C or above
* Have experience in delivering precision teaching to a high standard in EYFS
* Be flexible and organised
* Support class teacher in assessing and evaluating pupil progress and collaborate with teaching and support staff to inform planning
* To work as part of a team to impact on standards and outcomes for pupils across the curriculum
* To support the teacher in planning, preparing and delivering learning activities for whole classes and small groups.
* Provide effective classroom management in line with our behavioural policy.
* Be committed to school improvement, attend and participate in relevant meetings and undergo training as and when required.
* A highly motivated, exciting place to work and a genuine opportunity to make a difference
* Working alongside a committed team of staff with pupils who are striving to achieve their very best
* High quality CPD
Salary: Scale point 16-18 – £18,319 – £18,870 per annum (£13,605 – £14,015 pro rata)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract Type: 32.5 hour per week, Term Time only
Closing Date: Friday 30th November 2018
Interviews: W/C 10th December 2018
Badger Hill Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and completion of the disqualification by association declaration form (Childcare Disqualifications Regulations 2009).
Visits to the school are welcomed and will take place the week beginning 19th November and can be organised by ringing school on 01287 676289
Only short listed candidates will be contacted by phone and email by Friday 30th November 2018.
For further information on the above role and to request an application pack, please contact HR on 01287 670015 or by email at email@example.com Completed application forms can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or can be posted to the following address;
Recruitment (ref 18.02BA)
HR Department, The Enterprise Centre, Freebrough Academy, Linden Road, Brotton, Saltburn by the Sea, TS12 2SJ