Teaching and Learning
Teacher Effectiveness Enhancement Programme
Without excellent teaching, excellent learning cannot happen. At Freebrough Academy our aim is to provide the very best in terms of teaching so that outstanding learning can take place. With this in mind we have embarked upon a four year teacher development programme called TEEP. The programme is delivered by the Specialist Schools and Academies Trust and is designed to embrace current and recent initiatives in teaching and learning and apply them to our specific situation.
What is TEEP and how is it helping us to become the best we can be?
TEEP is the Teacher Effectiveness and Enhancement Programme and is rooted in evidence based research on effective teaching and learning. It aims to support schools to provide the best possible learning experiences for our young people.
The Aims of TEEP at Freebrough Academy are to:
- Give staff a common language for planning, teaching and evaluating learning
- Encompass and build upon everything that we do that we know makes teaching and learning better
- Enable excellent progression within a lesson and across a series of lessons in order to raise achievement for all
- Raise the number of good and outstanding lessons
- Provide staff with excellent development opportunities
Freebrough Academy: A TEEP Ambassador School
In recognition of our commitment to continuous improvement of teaching and learning through TEEP, the Specialist Schools and Academies Trust invited Freebough Academy to become a TEEP ambassador school. We were delighted to receive our certificate of recognition at the TEEP regional membership conference. A team of teachers and students also delivered a teaching and learning workshop at the Specialist Schools and Academies Trust national conference in November. Teaching and learning is at the very heart of everything we do at Freebrough Academy and we are proud to receive this national recognition.
The TEEP Framework