Our Uniform Standards – From September 2018
All students are required to wear the following:
- Black blazer with logo on pocket (all students)
- Navy tie with Freebrough logo – can be purchased from Trutex or the Academy. Please note our logo on the tie must be seen at all times, just below the knot and in the V neck when wearing the optional jumper during colder weather.
- White blouse or shirt
- Black trousers or full black pleated skirt for girls – these can be ordered via the online shop from Trutex or from Asda and will be the only skirt option to be worn by girls with black tights or knee length black socks. Asda, Skelton are a current stockist of the skirt, which is also be available via their ‘Click and collect’ service.
- Black socks to be worn only
- Black leather type shoes – no trainers, plimsolls or canvas shoes
We have also introduced the following which is a non-compulsory uniform item:
- A V-neck jumper with Freebrough logo – Please be aware this does not replace the blazer; a blazer should be worn at all times. Any black V-neck jumper worn must bear the Freebrough logo. (separate logos can be bought and sewed on separately)
- Navy blue polo shirt
- Navy tracksuit bottoms
- Navy shorts
- Navy football type socks
- Navy/sky blue rugby top (optional)
- Navy hooded sweatshirt (optional)
Please note that students MUST wear trainers or football boots for outdoor PE. Plimsolls and high-tops are not suitable footwear for outdoor activities.
Here is a link to the Trutex website: www.trutexdirect.com. You will require the Academy’s LEA code to access the Academy specific uniform which is: LEA00924SC.
Please note all uniform items (with the exception of the sew on blazer badge) will be available to order via the Trutex online shop, the link to which you can access on the homepage of Freebrough’s website. The items can be delivered free of charge to the Academy and will take approximately five working days (if this is the preferred option of parents).
We will stock a small amount of ties in the Academy should you only need to purchase this item, or for a replacement if a tie is lost.
Hair Colour, Piercings and Jewellery
As part of our uniform standards and to avoid health and safety issues for students we ask that parents support us to ensure:
- Students do not attend the Academy with piercings to eyebrow, lip, nose or tongue
- Students do not attend the Academy with hair colourings that are not a natural colour e.g. blue, green, pink, red, purple etc.
- Jewellery is kept to a minimum; no more than a watch, one pair of small stud earrings and one ring