Here are just some of the changes we’ve made so far.
What is a RAG meeting and how does it improve teaching and learning?
Academy Improvement Plan Priorities & Objectives 2020-21
Improve leadership and Management
- Improve the strategic vision so that this is precise and underpinned by a clear and robust rapid action plan
- Improve quality of leadership at all levels so that the quality of provision in all areas is at least good
- Embed RAG process to ensure that all staff are accountable and that assessment information is accurate and used effectively to implement intervention and impact positively on outcomes.
- Increase pupil numbers year on year
Improve Quality of Teaching
- Improve the curriculum and outcomes especially in Maths, Humanities and Technologies
- Improve curriculum planning so that the quality of the curriculum, pedagogy and assessment ensure that all learners make at least good progress
- Design and implement a CPD programme that precisely targets whole school, team and individual training needs to improve outcome
- Ensure that all teachers use accurate assessment information in a consistent and timely manner to bring about targeted curriculum planning and targeted intervention
- Ensure that all teachers provide lessons that require learners to think much more deeply about their learning by responding to carefully planned questioning, stretch and challenge activities
- Ensure that all teachers plan retention strategies into curriculum planning
- Improve reading ages by implementing a robust reading strategy and programme across the Academy and providing targeted intervention
Improve Attendance and Attitudes
- Improve attendance by implementing a robust attendance strategy that tackles poor attendance and punctuality and provides targeted intervention
- Reduce FTEs and embed revised behaviour policy in classrooms and during social times
- Establish effective inclusion provision
- Ensure that the RSE policy complements PRIDE values and is implemented effectively in the curriculum and pastoral programmes to impact positively on all outcomes